1) Who is the toughest hitter you ever faced?
I've faced some tough ones in my time but Mike Mussina was definitely the hardest.
2) What, in your baseball career, are you most proud of?
I would have to say I'm most proud of being a successful ball player and getting to where I am now. You know, you have to triumph over the hard times. I'm pretty proud of that too.
3) If you weren't a baseball player, what would you be doing?
Haha, I really like cars so I would probably be working in the automotive industry doing something.
4) What was the first concert you ever attended?
I can't remember what my first concert was but my favorite was definitely Drake. That's my boy right there, he even dropped my name in a song of his a few years back.
5) What's your favorite pastime outside of playing baseball?
I like to chill out. I'm busy all the time so when I have free time I like to go to the beach and just relax.
6) Do you have a favorite food?
Of course it's Dominican food! You can't beat the food from my home country. It's so good.
7) What's cued up on your i-pod right now?
I like to keep it real with the classic stuff. I like a lot of old school rap: warren g, biggie, tupac.
8) Do you have a pet?
I have 2 dogs - Happy and Foxy
9) Is there any particular charity or cause you especially think people should try to support?
It would be awesome if people could support my charity, the David Ortiz Children's Fund. It helps support pediatric critical care both in my home country of the Dominican Republic and my new home of Boston. It's something that's very close to my heart and I am happy that I've been able to do. I love the kids and it makes me feel good to help them. I've been blessed to be able to do certain things in life, so it is great to be able to give back.
10) Any words of wisdom to aspiring ballplayers?
Yeah, it takes consistent hard work. All the time you have to be working hard. And you have to be strong, both mentally and physically. Because if you're not mentally strong, everything can fall apart.